Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Injuries to the thorax
Superficial injury of thorax
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code S20.162S
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of breast, left breast, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- S20.162S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM S20.162S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of S20.162S - other international versions of ICD-10 S20.162S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above S20.162S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to S20.162S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM S20.162S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- S20.162S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 604 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast with mcc
- 605 Trauma to the skin, subcutaneous tissue and breast without mcc
Convert S20.162S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To S20.162S
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of breast
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of breast, right breast
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of breast, left breast
Insect bite (nonvenomous) of breast, unspecified breast
Other superficial bite of breast
Other superficial bite of breast, right breast
Other superficial bite of breast, left breast
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.