Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.400S
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing asphyxiation, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.400S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp foreign body in trachea causing asphyxiation, sequela
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.400S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.400S - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.400S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.400S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.400S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.400S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.400S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 913 Traumatic injury with mcc
- 914 Traumatic injury without mcc
Convert T17.400S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.400S
Other foreign object in larynx causing other injury
Foreign body in trachea
Unspecified foreign body in trachea
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing asphyxiation
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing other injury
Gastric contents in trachea
Gastric contents in trachea causing asphyxiation
Gastric contents in trachea causing other injury
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.