Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.408D
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing other injury, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.408D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp foreign body in trachea causing oth injury, subs encntr
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.408D became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.408D - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.408D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.408D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.408D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.408D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.408D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T17.408D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.408D
Foreign body in trachea
Unspecified foreign body in trachea
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing asphyxiation
Unspecified foreign body in trachea causing other injury
…… subsequent encounter
Gastric contents in trachea
Gastric contents in trachea causing asphyxiation
Gastric contents in trachea causing other injury
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.