Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.598D
Other foreign object in bronchus causing other injury, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.598D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth foreign object in bronchus causing oth injury, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.598D became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.598D - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.598D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.598D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.598D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.598D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.598D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T17.598D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.598D
Other foreign object in bronchus
Other foreign object in bronchus causing asphyxiation
Other foreign object in bronchus causing other injury
…… subsequent encounter
Foreign body in other parts of respiratory tract
Unspecified foreign body in other parts of respiratory tract
Unspecified foreign body in other parts of respiratory tract causing asphyxiation
Unspecified foreign body in other parts of respiratory tract causing other injury
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.