Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Effects of foreign body entering through natural orifice
Foreign body in respiratory tract
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T17.990D
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified in causing asphyxiation, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T17.990D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Oth forn obj in resp tract, part unsp in cause asphyx, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T17.990D became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T17.990D - other international versions of ICD-10 T17.990D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T17.990D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T17.990D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T17.990D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T17.990D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T17.990D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T17.990D
Food in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified in causing asphyxiation
…… subsequent encounter
Other foreign object in respiratory tract, part unspecified causing other injury
Foreign body in alimentary tract
Foreign body in mouth
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.