Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.019S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified ear, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.019S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.019S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.019S - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.019S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.019S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.019S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.019S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T34.019S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T34.019S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.019S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left ear
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified ear
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of nose
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of other part of head
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of neck
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.