Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.511S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right wrist, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.511S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.511S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.511S - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.511S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.511S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.511S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.511S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T34.511S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T34.511S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.511S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left arm
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of wrist, hand, and finger(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of wrist
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right wrist
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left wrist
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified wrist
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of hand
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right hand
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.