Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.532D
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left finger(s), subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.532D is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Frostbite w tissue necrosis of left finger(s), subs encntr
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.532D became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.532D - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.532D may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.532D
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.532D
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.532D is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T34.532D is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T34.532D to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.532D
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of finger(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right finger(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left finger(s)
…… subsequent encounter
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified finger(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of hip and thigh
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified hip and thigh
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.