Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.60XD
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified hip and thigh, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.60XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Frostbite w tissue necrosis of unsp hip and thigh, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.60XD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.60XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.60XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.60XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.60XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.60XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T34.60XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T34.60XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.60XD
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified finger(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of hip and thigh
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified hip and thigh
…… subsequent encounter
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right hip and thigh
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left hip and thigh
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of knee and lower leg
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.