Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Frostbite with tissue necrosis
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T34.811S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right ankle, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T34.811S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T34.811S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T34.811S - other international versions of ICD-10 T34.811S may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T34.811S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T34.811S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T34.811S is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T34.811S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T34.811S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T34.811S
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left knee and lower leg
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of ankle, foot, and toe(s)
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of ankle
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right ankle
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of left ankle
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of unspecified ankle
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of foot
Frostbite with tissue necrosis of right foot
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.