Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Other effects of reduced temperature
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T69.1XXD
Chilblains, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T69.1XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T69.1XXD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T69.1XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 T69.1XXD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T69.1XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T69.1XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T69.1XXD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T69.1XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T69.1XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T69.1XXD
Immersion foot, unspecified foot
…… subsequent encounter
Other specified effects of reduced temperature
Effect of reduced temperature, unspecified
Effects of air pressure and water pressure
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.