Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Other effects of reduced temperature
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T69.1XXS
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T69.1XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T69.1XXS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T69.1XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 T69.1XXS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T69.1XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T69.1XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T69.1XXS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T69.1XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T69.1XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T69.1XXS
Immersion foot, unspecified foot
Other specified effects of reduced temperature
Effect of reduced temperature, unspecified
Effects of air pressure and water pressure
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.