Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Other effects of reduced temperature
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T69.9XXS
Effect of reduced temperature, unspecified, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T69.9XXS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T69.9XXS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T69.9XXS - other international versions of ICD-10 T69.9XXS may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T69.9XXS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T69.9XXS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T69.9XXS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T69.9XXS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T69.9XXS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T69.9XXS
Other specified effects of reduced temperature
Effect of reduced temperature, unspecified
Effects of air pressure and water pressure
Other and unspecified effects of high altitude
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.