Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Effects of air pressure and water pressure
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T70.20XD
Unspecified effects of high altitude, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T70.20XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T70.20XD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T70.20XD - other international versions of ICD-10 T70.20XD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T70.20XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T70.20XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T70.20XD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T70.20XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T70.20XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T70.20XD
Other and unspecified effects of high altitude
Unspecified effects of high altitude
…… subsequent encounter
Other effects of high altitude
Caisson disease [decompression sickness]
Effects of high-pressure fluids
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.