Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, confirmed
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T74.31XS
Adult psychological abuse, confirmed, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Adult Dx (15-124 years) POA Exempt
- T74.31XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T74.31XS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T74.31XS - other international versions of ICD-10 T74.31XS may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T74.31XS is applicable to adult patients aged 15 - 124 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T74.31XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T74.31XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T74.31XS is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T74.31XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T74.31XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T74.31XS
Child sexual abuse, confirmed
Psychological abuse, confirmed
Adult psychological abuse, confirmed
Child psychological abuse, confirmed
Shaken infant syndrome
Unspecified maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified adult maltreatment, confirmed
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.