Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, confirmed
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T74.4XXA
Shaken infant syndrome, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years)
- T74.4XXA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T74.4XXA became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T74.4XXA - other international versions of ICD-10 T74.4XXA may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T74.4XXA is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
ICD-10-CM T74.4XXA is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
The following code(s) above T74.4XXA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T74.4XXA
- 922 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses with mcc
- 923 Other injury, poisoning and toxic effect diagnoses without mcc
Convert T74.4XXA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T74.4XXA
Psychological abuse, confirmed
Adult psychological abuse, confirmed
Child psychological abuse, confirmed
Shaken infant syndrome
…… initial encounter
Unspecified maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified adult maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified child maltreatment, confirmed
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.