Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Other and unspecified effects of external causes
Adult and child abuse, neglect and other maltreatment, confirmed
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T74.4XXD
Shaken infant syndrome, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Pediatric Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
- T74.4XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T74.4XXD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T74.4XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 T74.4XXD may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- T74.4XXD is applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T74.4XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T74.4XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T74.4XXD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T74.4XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T74.4XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T74.4XXD
Adult psychological abuse, confirmed
Child psychological abuse, confirmed
Shaken infant syndrome
…… subsequent encounter
Unspecified maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified adult maltreatment, confirmed
Unspecified child maltreatment, confirmed
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.