Injury, poisoning and certain other consequences of external causes
Certain early complications of trauma
Certain early complications of trauma, not elsewhere classified
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code T79.9XXD
Unspecified early complication of trauma, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- T79.9XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unspecified early complication of trauma, subs encntr
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM T79.9XXD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of T79.9XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 T79.9XXD may differ.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above T79.9XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to T79.9XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM T79.9XXD is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- T79.9XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 949 Aftercare with cc/mcc
- 950 Aftercare without cc/mcc
Convert T79.9XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To T79.9XXD
Traumatic compartment syndrome of other sites
Other early complications of trauma
Unspecified early complication of trauma
…… subsequent encounter
Complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Air embolism following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Vascular complications following infusion, transfusion and therapeutic injection
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.