External causes of morbidity
Motorcycle rider injured in transport accident
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V23.9XXD
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V23.9XXD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Unsp mtrcy rider inj pick-up truck, pk-up/van in traf, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM V23.9XXD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V23.9XXD - other international versions of ICD-10 V23.9XXD may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V23.9XXD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V23.9XXD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V23.9XXD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V23.9XXD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V23.9XXD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V23.9XXD
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
Unspecified motorcycle rider injured in collision with car, pick-up truck or van in traffic accident
…… subsequent encounter
Motorcycle rider injured in collision with heavy transport vehicle or bus
Motorcycle driver injured in collision with heavy transport vehicle or bus in nontraffic accident
Motorcycle passenger injured in collision with heavy transport vehicle or bus in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.