External causes of morbidity
Car occupant injured in transport accident
Car occupant injured in other and unspecified transport accidents
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V49.10XD
Passenger injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident, subsequent encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V49.10XD is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Passenger injured in collision w unsp mv nontraf, subs
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM V49.10XD became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V49.10XD - other international versions of ICD-10 V49.10XD may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V49.10XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V49.10XD
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V49.10XD
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V49.10XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V49.10XD to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V49.10XD
Driver injured in collision with other motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Passenger injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Passenger injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
…… subsequent encounter
Passenger injured in collision with other motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with other and unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Unspecified car occupant injured in collision with unspecified motor vehicles in nontraffic accident
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.