External causes of morbidity
Other land transport accidents
Animal-rider or occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in transport accident
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V80.730S
Animal-rider injured in collision with streetcar, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V80.730S is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM V80.730S became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V80.730S - other international versions of ICD-10 V80.730S may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V80.730S describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V80.730S
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V80.730S
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V80.730S is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V80.730S to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V80.730S
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in collision with other animal-drawn vehicle
Animal-rider or occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in collision with streetcar
Animal-rider injured in collision with streetcar
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in collision with streetcar
Animal-rider or occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in collision with other nonmotor vehicles
Animal-rider injured in collision with other nonmotor vehicles
Occupant of animal-drawn vehicle injured in collision with other nonmotor vehicles
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.