2016/17 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V89.2
Person injured in unspecified motor-vehicle accident, traffic
2016 2017 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- V89.2 is not a billable or specific ICD-10-CM diagnosis code as there are 3 codes below V89.2 that describe this diagnosis in greater detail.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V89.2. Other international versions of ICD-10 V89.2 may differ.
- Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
- Motor-vehicle accident [MVA] NOS
- Road (traffic) accident [RTA] NOS
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V89.2 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.