External causes of morbidity
Air and space transport accidents
Other specified air transport accidents
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code V97.29XS
Other parachutist accident, sequela
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- V97.29XS is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM V97.29XS became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V97.29XS - other international versions of ICD-10 V97.29XS may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- V97.29XS describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above V97.29XS
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to V97.29XS
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- V97.29XS is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert V97.29XS to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To V97.29XS
Parachutist injured on landing
Other parachutist accident
Person on ground injured in air transport accident
Hit by object falling from aircraft
Injured by rotating propeller
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.