Sucked into jet engine, subsequent encounter
2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx POA Exempt
- V97.33XD describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- V97.33XD is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, V97.33XD - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of V97.33XD. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
Present On Admission
- V97.33XD is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert ICD-10-CM V97.33XD to ICD-9-CM