2015/16 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W20.8
Other cause of strike by thrown, projected or falling object
2015 2016 Non-Billable Code
- W20.8 is not a billable ICD-10-CM diagnosis code and cannot be used to indicate a medical diagnosis as there are 3 codes below W20.8 that describe this diagnosis in greater detail.
- Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W20.8. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
Type 1 Excludes
- struck by thrown sports equipment (W21.-)
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W20.8 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.