Other foreign body or object entering through skin, initial encounter
2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx
- W45.8XXA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- W45.8XXA is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, W45.8XXA - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W45.8XXA. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- Oth foreign body or object entering through skin, init
Convert ICD-10-CM W45.8XXA to ICD-9-CM