External causes of morbidity
Exposure to animate mechanical forces
Contact with crocodile or alligator
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code W58.11XA
Bitten by crocodile, initial encounter
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code POA Exempt
- W58.11XA is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM W58.11XA became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of W58.11XA - other international versions of ICD-10 W58.11XA may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- W58.11XA describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above W58.11XA
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to W58.11XA
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
- W58.11XA is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert W58.11XA to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To W58.11XA
Other contact with alligator
Contact with crocodile
…… initial encounter
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.