External causes of morbidity
Contact with heat and hot substances
Contact with other heat and hot substances X19- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as X19. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- objects that are not normally hot, e.g., an object made hot by a house fire (X00-X08
ICD-10-CM Range X00-X08
Exposure to smoke, fire and flames
- X00 Exposure to uncontrolled fire in buildin...
- X01 Exposure to uncontrolled fire, not in bu...
- X02 Exposure to controlled fire in building ...
- X03 Exposure to controlled fire, not in buil...
- X04 Exposure to ignition of highly flammable...
- X05 Exposure to ignition or melting of night...
- X06 Exposure to ignition or melting of other...
- X08 Exposure to other specified smoke, fire ...
- X19 Contact with other heat and hot substances
- X19.XXXA Contact with other heat and hot substances, initial encounter
- X19.XXXD Contact with other heat and hot substances, subsequent encounter
- X19.XXXS Contact with other heat and hot substances, sequela