Assault by unspecified means
2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx
- Y09 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Y09 is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, Y09 - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y09. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- Assassination (attempted) NOS
- Homicide (attempted) NOS
- Manslaughter (attempted) NOS
- Murder (attempted) NOS
Convert ICD-10-CM Y09 to ICD-9-CM