2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx POA Exempt
- Y93.02 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Y93.02 is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, Y93.02 - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y93.02. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- An activity in which the body is propelled by moving the legs rapidly. Running is performed at a moderate to rapid pace and should be differentiated from jogging, which is performed at a much slower pace.
- Moving with quick steps so that both feet may be simultaneously off the ground.
Present On Admission
- Y93.02 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert ICD-10-CM Y93.02 to ICD-9-CM