2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx POA Exempt
- Y93.11 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Y93.11 is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, Y93.11 - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y93.11. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- An activity in which the body is propelled through water by specific movement of the arms and/or the legs. Swimming as propulsion through water by the movement of limbs, tail, or fins of animals is often studied as a form of physical exertion or endurance.
- Propelling the whole body through water by means of limb and body movements without taking support from the ground underneath.
- The act of propelling the body through water by movement of the arms and/or legs.
Present On Admission
- Y93.11 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert ICD-10-CM Y93.11 to ICD-9-CM