Activity, physical games generally associated with school recess, summer camp and children
2015 Billable Code Not A Principal Dx Pediatric Only Dx (0-17 years) POA Exempt
- Y93.6A describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury, and therefore should not be used as a principal diagnosis.
- Y93.6A is a billable ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- On October 1, 2015 ICD-10-CM will replace ICD-9-CM in the United States, therefore, Y93.6A - and all other ICD-10-CM codes - should only be used for training or planning purposes until then.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Y93.6A. Other international ICD-10 versions may differ.
- Activity, capture the flag
- Activity, dodge ball
- Activity, four square
- Activity, kickball
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Y93.6A is only applicable to pediatric patients aged 0 - 17 years inclusive.
Present On Admission
- Y93.6A is considered exempt from POA reporting.
Convert ICD-10-CM Y93.6A to ICD-9-CM