Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Persons encountering health services for examinations
Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis Z01- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as Z01. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- encounter for examination for administrative purposes (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z02
- Z02 Encounter for administrative examination
- Z02.0 Encounter for examination for admission to ed...
- Z02.1 Encounter for pre-employment examination
- Z02.2 Encounter for examination for admission to re...
- Z02.3 Encounter for examination for recruitment to ...
- Z02.4 Encounter for examination for driving license...
- Z02.5 Encounter for examination for participation i...
- Z02.6 Encounter for examination for insurance purpo...
- Z02.7 Encounter for issue of medical certificate
- Z02.71 Encounter for disability determination
- Z02.79 Encounter for issue of other medical certific...
- Z02.8 Encounter for other administrative examinatio...
- Z02.81 Encounter for paternity testing
- Z02.82 Encounter for adoption services
- Z02.83 Encounter for blood-alcohol and blood-drug te...
- Z02.89 Encounter for other administrative examinatio...
- Z02.9 Encounter for administrative examinations, un...
- encounter for examination for suspected conditions, proven not to exist (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z03
- Z03 Encounter for medical observation for suspect...
- Z03.6 Encounter for observation for suspected toxic...
- Z03.7 Encounter for suspected maternal and fetal co...
- Z03.71 Encounter for suspected problem with amniotic...
- Z03.72 Encounter for suspected placental problem rul...
- Z03.73 Encounter for suspected fetal anomaly ruled o...
- Z03.74 Encounter for suspected problem with fetal gr...
- Z03.75 Encounter for suspected cervical shortening r...
- Z03.79 Encounter for other suspected maternal and fe...
- Z03.8 Encounter for observation for other suspected...
- Z03.81 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.810 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.818 Encounter for observation for suspected expos...
- Z03.89 Encounter for observation for other suspected...
- encounter for laboratory and radiologic examinations as a component of general medical examinations (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z00.0
Encounter for general adult medical examination
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- Encounter for adult periodic examination (annual) (physical) and any associated laboratory and radiologic examinations
Type 1 Excludes
- encounter for examination of sign or symptom- code to sign or symptom
- general health check-up of infant or child (Z00.12.-)
- encounter for laboratory, radiologic and imaging examinations for sign(s) and symptom(s) - code to the sign(s) or symptom(s)
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (Z01) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- routine examination of specific system
- Z01 Encounter for other special examination without complaint, suspected or reported diagnosis
- Z01.0 Encounter for examination of eyes and vision
- Z01.00 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.01 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.1 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing
- Z01.10 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.11 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing with abnormal findings
- Z01.110 Encounter for hearing examination following failed hearing screening
- Z01.118 Encounter for examination of ears and hearing with other abnormal findings
- Z01.12 Encounter for hearing conservation and treatment
- Z01.2 Encounter for dental examination and cleaning
- Z01.20 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.21 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.3 Encounter for examination of blood pressure
- Z01.30 …… without abnormal findings
- Z01.31 …… with abnormal findings
- Z01.4 Encounter for gynecological examination
- Z01.41 Encounter for routine gynecological examination
- Z01.411 Encounter for gynecological examination (general) (routine) with abnormal findings
- Z01.419 Encounter for gynecological examination (general) (routine) without abnormal findings
- Z01.42 Encounter for cervical smear to confirm findings of recent normal smear following initial abnormal smear
- Z01.8 Encounter for other specified special examinations
- Z01.81 Encounter for preprocedural examinations
- Z01.810 Encounter for preprocedural cardiovascular examination
- Z01.811 Encounter for preprocedural respiratory examination
- Z01.812 Encounter for preprocedural laboratory examination
- Z01.818 Encounter for other preprocedural examination
- Z01.82 Encounter for allergy testing
- Z01.83 Encounter for blood typing
- Z01.84 Encounter for antibody response examination
- Z01.89 Encounter for other specified special examinations