Factors influencing health status and contact with health services
Persons encountering health services in circumstances related to reproduction
Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy
2017/18 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z34.91
Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy, unspecified, first trimester
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Maternity Dx (12-55 years) Female Dx 1st Trimester (< 14 weeks) POA Exempt
- Z34.91 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- Short description: Encntr for suprvsn of normal preg, unsp, first trimester
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM Z34.91 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of Z34.91 - other international versions of ICD-10 Z34.91 may differ.
ICD-10-CM Coding Rules
- Z34.91 is applicable to maternity patients aged 12 - 55 years inclusive.
- Z34.91 is applicable to female patients.
- Z34.91 is applicable to mothers in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is defined as less than 14 weeks since the first day of the last menstrual period.
Present On Admission
The following code(s) above Z34.91
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to Z34.91
"Present On Admission" is defined as present at the time the order for inpatient admission occurs — conditions that develop during an outpatient encounter, including emergency department, observation, or outpatient surgery, are considered POA.
ICD-10-CM Z34.91 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- Z34.91 is considered exempt from POA reporting.
- 951 Other factors influencing health status
Convert Z34.91 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To Z34.91
Encounter for supervision of other normal pregnancy
…… unspecified trimester
Encounter for supervision of normal pregnancy, unspecified
…… unspecified trimester
…… first trimester
Encounter for antenatal screening of mother
Encounter for antenatal screening for chromosomal anomalies
Encounter for antenatal screening for raised alphafetoprotein level
Encounter for other antenatal screening follow-up
Encounter for antenatal screening for malformations
Encounter for antenatal screening for fetal growth retardation
Encounter for antenatal screening for isoimmunization
Encounter for other antenatal screening
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.