Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Tuberculosis of other organs
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A18.5
Tuberculosis of eye
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- A18.5 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM A18.5 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A18.5 - other international versions of ICD-10 A18.5 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (A18.5) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above A18.5
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to A18.5
- Tuberculous infection of the eye, primarily the iris, ciliary body, and choroid.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To A18.5
Tuberculosis of other male genital organs
Tuberculous female pelvic inflammatory disease
Tuberculosis of other female genital organs
Tuberculous peripheral lymphadenopathy
Tuberculosis of intestines, peritoneum and mesenteric glands
Tuberculosis of skin and subcutaneous tissue
Tuberculosis of eye
Other tuberculosis of eye
Tuberculosis of (inner) (middle) ear
Tuberculosis of adrenal glands
Tuberculosis of other specified organs
Tuberculosis of thyroid gland
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.