Miliary tuberculosis A19
Miliary tuberculosis A19-
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disseminated tuberculosis
- generalized tuberculosis
- tuberculous polyserositis
- An acute form of tuberculosis in which minute tubercles are formed in a number of organs of the body due to dissemination of the bacilli through the blood stream.
- I would say the hematogenous widespread dissemination of tuberculosis in the body. The term derives from the chest x-ray image of the tiny (1-5 mm) tuberculosis lesions which are seen through out the lung parenchyma.
- A19 Miliary tuberculosis
- A19.0 Acute miliary tuberculosis of a single specified site
- A19.1 Acute miliary tuberculosis of multiple sites
- A19.2 Acute miliary tuberculosis, unspecified
- A19.8 Other miliary tuberculosis
- A19.9 Miliary tuberculosis, unspecified