Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2019 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code A19
2016 2017 2018 2019 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- A19 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2019 edition of ICD-10-CM A19 became effective on October 1, 2018.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of A19 - other international versions of ICD-10 A19 may differ.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- disseminated tuberculosis
- generalized tuberculosis
- tuberculous polyserositis
The following code(s) above A19
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to A19
- An acute form of tuberculosis in which minute tubercles are formed in a number of organs of the body due to dissemination of the bacilli through the blood stream.
- I would say the hematogenous widespread dissemination of tuberculosis in the body. The term derives from the chest x-ray image of the tiny (1-5 mm) tuberculosis lesions which are seen through out the lung parenchyma.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To A19
Other tuberculosis of eye
Tuberculosis of (inner) (middle) ear
Tuberculosis of adrenal glands
Tuberculosis of other specified organs
Tuberculosis of thyroid gland
Tuberculosis of other endocrine glands
Tuberculosis of digestive tract organs, not elsewhere classified
Tuberculosis of other sites
Acute miliary tuberculosis of a single specified site
Acute miliary tuberculosis of multiple sites
Acute miliary tuberculosis, unspecified
Other miliary tuberculosis
Miliary tuberculosis, unspecified
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.