Scarlet fever A38
Scarlet fever A38-
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (A38) and the excluded code together.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- A streptococcal infection, mainly occuring among children, that is characterized by a red skin rash, sore throat, and fever.
- Infection with group a streptococci that is characterized by tonsillitis and pharyngitis. An erythematous rash is commonly present.
- A38 Scarlet fever
- A38.0 Scarlet fever with otitis media
- A38.1 Scarlet fever with myocarditis
- A38.8 Scarlet fever with other complications
- A38.9 Scarlet fever, uncomplicated