Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Infections with a predominantly sexual mode of transmission
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (A59) and the excluded code together.
- Infections in birds and mammals produced by various species of trichomonas.
- Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a parasite. It affects both women and men, but symptoms are more common in women. Symptoms in women include a green or yellow discharge from the vagina, itching in or near the vagina and discomfort with urination. Most men with trichomoniasis don't have any symptoms, but it can cause irritation inside the penis.you can cure trichomoniasis with antibiotics. In men, the infection usually goes away on its own without causing symptoms. But an infected man can continue to infect or reinfect a woman until he gets treated. So it's important that both partners get treated at the same time. Correct usage of latex condoms greatly reduces, but does not eliminate, the risk of catching or spreading trichomoniasis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- A59 Trichomoniasis
- A59.0 Urogenital trichomoniasis
- A59.00 …… unspecified
- A59.01 Trichomonal vulvovaginitis
- A59.02 Trichomonal prostatitis
- A59.03 Trichomonal cystitis and urethritis
- A59.09 Other urogenital trichomoniasis
- A59.8 Trichomoniasis of other sites
- A59.9 Trichomoniasis, unspecified