Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Typhus fever A75- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as A75. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Group of acute, arthropod borne infections caused by rickettsiae; includes epidemic (classic or louse-borne) typhus, its recrudescent form, and murine (endemic or flea-borne) typhus; all are characterized by severe headache, chills, high fever, stupor, and rash.
- A75 Typhus fever
- A75.0 Epidemic louse-borne typhus fever due to Rickettsia prowazekii
- A75.1 Recrudescent typhus [Brill's disease]
- A75.2 Typhus fever due to Rickettsia typhi
- A75.3 Typhus fever due to Rickettsia tsutsugamushi
- A75.9 Typhus fever, unspecified