Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Viral infections characterized by skin and mucous membrane lesions
Measles B05- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as B05. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- A highly contagious infectious disease caused by morbillivirus, common among children but also seen in the nonimmune of any age, in which the virus enters the respiratory tract via droplet nuclei and multiplies in the epithelial cells, spreading throughout the mononuclear phagocyte system.
- A highly contagious viral infection caused by the measles virus. Symptoms appear 8-12 days after exposure and include a rash, cough, fever and muscle pains that can last 4-7 days. Measles vaccines are available to provide prophylaxis, usually combined with mumps and rubella vaccines (mmr).
- Childhood viral disease manifested as acute febrile illness associated with cough, coryza, conjunctivitis, spots on the buccal mucosa, and rash starting on the head and neck and spreading to the rest of the body.
- Measles is an infectious disease caused by a virus. It spreads easily from person to person. The main symptom of measles is an itchy skin rash. The rash often starts on the head and moves down the body. Other symptoms include
sometimes measles can lead to serious problems. There is no treatment for measles, but the measles-mumps-rubella (mmr) vaccine can prevent it. You may have heard of "german measles", also known as rubella, which is a different illness altogether. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- runny nose
- conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- B05 Measles
- B05.0 Measles complicated by encephalitis
- B05.1 Measles complicated by meningitis
- B05.2 Measles complicated by pneumonia
- B05.3 Measles complicated by otitis media
- B05.4 Measles with intestinal complications
- B05.8 Measles with other complications
- B05.81 Measles keratitis and keratoconjunctivitis
- B05.89 Other measles complications
- B05.9 Measles without complication