Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code B45.9
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
- B45.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM B45.9 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B45.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 B45.9 may differ.
The following code(s) above B45.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to B45.9
ICD-10-CM B45.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v35.0):
- An acute or chronic, localized or disseminated infection by cryptococcus neoformans. Sites of involvement include the lungs, central nervous system and meninges, skin, and visceral organs.
- Infection with a fungus of the species cryptococcus neoformans.
- 793 Full term neonate with major problems
- 867 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with mcc
- 868 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses with cc
- 869 Other infectious and parasitic diseases diagnoses without cc/mcc
- 974 Hiv with major related condition with mcc
- 975 Hiv with major related condition with cc
- 976 Hiv with major related condition without cc/mcc
Convert B45.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To B45.9
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis
Other forms of aspergillosis
Other forms of cryptococcosis
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.