Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code B47.9
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Billable/Specific Code
- B47.9 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purposes.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM B47.9 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B47.9 - other international versions of ICD-10 B47.9 may differ.
The following code(s) above B47.9
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to B47.9
- Actinomycosis infection , mycetoma
- Actinomycosis, infection madura foot
- Actinomycotic madura foot
- Actinomycotic mycetoma
ICD-10-CM B47.9 is grouped within Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG v37.0):
- A chronic granulomatous inflammation involving the deep dermis and the subcutaneous tissues. It is caused by fungi and actinomycetes.
- A chronic progressive subcutaneous infection caused by species of fungi (eumycetoma), or actinomycetes (actinomycetoma). It is characterized by tumefaction, abscesses, and tumor-like granules representing microcolonies of pathogens, such as madurella fungi and bacteria actinomycetes, with different grain colors.
- 606 Minor skin disorders with mcc
- 607 Minor skin disorders without mcc
- 974 Hiv with major related condition with mcc
- 975 Hiv with major related condition with cc
- 976 Hiv with major related condition without cc/mcc
Convert B47.9 to ICD-9-CM
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To B47.9
Other mycoses, not elsewhere classified
Other specified mycoses
Plasmodium falciparum malaria
Plasmodium falciparum malaria with cerebral complications
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.