Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Plasmodium vivax malaria B51
Plasmodium vivax malaria B51-
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as B51. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- mixed infections of Plasmodium vivax with other Plasmodium species, except Plasmodium falciparum
- Malaria caused by plasmodium vivax. This form of malaria is less severe than malaria, falciparum, but there is a higher probability for relapses to occur. Febrile paroxysms often occur every other day.
- B51 Plasmodium vivax malaria
- B51.0 Plasmodium vivax malaria with rupture of spleen
- B51.8 Plasmodium vivax malaria with other complications
- B51.9 Plasmodium vivax malaria without complication