Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as B68. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- A parasitic infection caused by tapeworms of the genus taenia. Humans are infected by eating undercooked or raw meat of infected animals. It is usually an asymptomatic infection and patients may become aware of the infection by noticing segments of the tapeworm in their feces. If symptoms are present, they include nausea, abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation, or diarrhea.
- Infection with tapeworms of the genus taenia.
- B68 Taeniasis
- B68.0 Taenia solium taeniasis
- B68.1 Taenia saginata taeniasis
- B68.9 Taeniasis, unspecified