Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2020 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code B73
2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- B73 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2020 edition of ICD-10-CM B73 became effective on October 1, 2019.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B73 - other international versions of ICD-10 B73 may differ.
"Includes" further defines, or give examples of, the content of the code or category.
- onchocerca volvulus infection
- river blindness
The following code(s) above B73
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to B73
- Filarial infection of the eyes transmitted from person to person by bites of onchocerca volvulus-infected black flies. The microfilariae of onchocerca are thus deposited beneath the skin. They migrate through various tissues including the eye. Those persons infected have impaired vision and up to 20% are blind. The incidence of eye lesions has been reported to be as high as 30% in central america and parts of africa.
- Infection with nematodes of the genus onchocerca. Characteristics include the presence of firm subcutaneous nodules filled with adult worms, pruritus, and ocular lesions.
- Infection with nematodes of the genus onchocerca; characteristics include the presence of firm subcutaneous nodules filled with adult worms, pruritus, and ocular lesions.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
- 2019 (effective 10/1/2018): No change
- 2020 (effective 10/1/2019): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to B73:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To B73
Diphyllobothriasis and sparganosis
Other cestode infections
Other specified cestode infections
Cestode infection, unspecified
Onchocerciasis with eye disease
Onchocerciasis with eye involvement, unspecified
Onchocerciasis with endophthalmitis
Onchocerciasis with glaucoma
Onchocerciasis with other eye involvement
Onchocerciasis without eye disease
Filariasis due to Wuchereria bancrofti
Filariasis due to Brugia malayi
Filariasis due to Brugia timori
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.