Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code B74
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
- B74 should not be used for reimbursement purposes as there are multiple codes below it that contain a greater level of detail.
- The 2018 edition of ICD-10-CM B74 became effective on October 1, 2017.
- This is the American ICD-10-CM version of B74 - other international versions of ICD-10 B74 may differ.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (B74) and the excluded code together.
The following code(s) above B74
contain annotation back-references
In this context, annotation back-references refer to codes that contain:
- Applicable To annotations, or
- Code Also annotations, or
- Code First annotations, or
- Excludes1 annotations, or
- Excludes2 annotations, or
- Includes annotations, or
- Note annotations, or
- Use Additional annotations
that may be applicable to B74
- Infections with nematodes of the superfamily filarioidea. The presence of living worms in the body is mainly asymptomatic but the death of adult worms leads to granulomatous inflammation and permanent fibrosis. Organisms of the genus elaeophora infect wild elk and domestic sheep causing ischemic necrosis of the brain, blindness, and dermatosis of the face.
- Infections with nematodes of the superfamily filarioidea; presence of living worms in the body is mainly asymptomatic but the death of adult worms leads to granulomatous inflammation and permanent fibrosis; organisms of the genus elaeophora infect wild elk and domestic sheep causing ischaemic necrosis of the brain, blindness, and dermatosis of the face.
- 2016 (effective 10/1/2015): New code (first year of non-draft ICD-10-CM)
- 2017 (effective 10/1/2016): No change
- 2018 (effective 10/1/2017): No change
Code annotations containing back-references to B74:
ICD-10-CM Codes Adjacent To B74
Other specified cestode infections
Cestode infection, unspecified
Onchocerciasis with eye disease
Onchocerciasis with eye involvement, unspecified
Onchocerciasis with endophthalmitis
Onchocerciasis with glaucoma
Onchocerciasis with other eye involvement
Onchocerciasis without eye disease
Filariasis due to Wuchereria bancrofti
Filariasis due to Brugia malayi
Filariasis due to Brugia timori
Reimbursement claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015 require the use of ICD-10-CM codes.