Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as B78. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- Infection with nematodes of the genus strongyloides. The presence of larvae may produce pneumonitis and the presence of adult worms in the intestine could lead to moderate to severe diarrhea.
- Infections with nematodes of the order strongylida; includes oesophagostomiasis, hook worm infection, trichostrongyloidiasis and equine strongylosis.
- B78 Strongyloidiasis
- B78.0 Intestinal strongyloidiasis
- B78.1 Cutaneous strongyloidiasis
- B78.7 Disseminated strongyloidiasis
- B78.9 Strongyloidiasis, unspecified