Sequelae of infectious and parasitic diseases
Sequelae of infectious and parasitic diseases B90-B94 >
Code First Help
Certain conditions have both an underlying etiology and multiple body system manifestations due to the underlying etiology. For such conditions, ICD-10-CM has a coding convention that requires the underlying condition be sequenced first followed by the manifestation. Wherever such a combination exists there is a "use additional code" note at the etiology code, and a "code first" note at the manifestation code. These instructional notes indicate the proper sequencing order of the codes, etiology followed by manifestation. In most cases the manifestation codes will have in the code title, "in diseases classified elsewhere." Codes with this title are a component of the etiology/manifestation convention. The code title indicates that it is a manifestation code. "In diseases classified elsewhere" codes are never permitted to be used as first listed or principle diagnosis codes. They must be used in conjunction with an underlying condition code and they must be listed following the underlying condition.
- condition resulting from (sequela) the infectious or parasitic disease
B90 Sequelae of tuberculosis
B91 Sequelae of poliomyelitis
B92 Sequelae of leprosy
B94 Sequelae of other and unspecified infectious and parasitic diseases
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes B90-*
- B90 Sequelae of tuberculosis
- B90.0 Sequelae of central nervous system tuberculos...
- B90.1 Sequelae of genitourinary tuberculosis
- B90.2 Sequelae of tuberculosis of bones and joints
- B90.8 Sequelae of tuberculosis of other organs
- B90.9 Sequelae of respiratory and unspecified tuber...
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes B91-*
- B91 Sequelae of poliomyelitis
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes B92-*
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes B94-*
- B94 Sequelae of other and unspecified infectious ...
- B94.0 Sequelae of trachoma
- B94.1 Sequelae of viral encephalitis
- B94.2 Sequelae of viral hepatitis
- B94.8 Sequelae of other specified infectious and pa...
- B94.9 Sequelae of unspecified infectious and parasi...
ICD-10-CM Range A00-B99
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases
- A00-A09 Intestinal infectious diseases
- A15-A19 Tuberculosis
- A20-A28 Certain zoonotic bacterial diseases
- A30-A49 Other bacterial diseases
- A50-A64 Infections with a predominantly sexual m...
- A65-A69 Other spirochetal diseases
- A70-A74 Other diseases caused by chlamydiae
- A75-A79 Rickettsioses
- A80-A89 Viral and prion infections of the centra...
- A90-A99 Arthropod-borne viral fevers and viral h...
- B00-B09 Viral infections characterized by skin a...
- B10-B10 Other human herpesviruses
- B15-B19 Viral hepatitis
- B20-B20 Human immunodeficiency virus [HIV] disea...
- B25-B34 Other viral diseases
- B35-B49 Mycoses
- B50-B64 Protozoal diseases
- B65-B83 Helminthiases
- B85-B89 Pediculosis, acariasis and other infesta...
- B90-B94 Sequelae of infectious and parasitic dis...
- B95-B97 Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- B99-B99 Other infectious diseases
ICD-10-CM Range B85-B89
Pediculosis, acariasis and other infestations
- B85 Pediculosis and phthiriasis
- B86 Scabies
- B87 Myiasis
- B88 Other infestations
- B89 Unspecified parasitic disease
ICD-10-CM Range B95-B97
Bacterial and viral infectious agents
- These categories are provided for use as supplementary or additional codes to identify the infectious agent(s) in diseases classified elsewhere.
- B95 Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, and Enter...
- B96 Other bacterial agents as the cause of d...
- B97 Viral agents as the cause of diseases cl...
ICD-10-CM Range C00-D49
- C00-C14 Malignant neoplasms of lip, oral cavity ...
- C15-C26 Malignant neoplasms of digestive organs
- C30-C39 Malignant neoplasms of respiratory and i...
- C40-C41 Malignant neoplasms of bone and articula...
- C43-C44 Melanoma and other malignant neoplasms o...
- C45-C49 Malignant neoplasms of mesothelial and s...
- C50-C50 Malignant neoplasms of breast
- C51-C58 Malignant neoplasms of female genital or...
- C60-C63 Malignant neoplasms of male genital orga...
- C64-C68 Malignant neoplasms of urinary tract
- C69-C72 Malignant neoplasms of eye, brain and ot...
- C73-C75 Malignant neoplasms of thyroid and other...
- C76-C80 Malignant neoplasms of ill-defined, othe...
- C7A-C7A Malignant neuroendocrine tumors
- C7B-C7B Secondary neuroendocrine tumors
- C81-C96 Malignant neoplasms of lymphoid, hematop...
- D00-D09 In situ neoplasms
- D10-D36 Benign neoplasms, except benign neuroend...
- D37-D48 Neoplasms of uncertain behavior, polycyt...
- D3A-D3A Benign neuroendocrine tumors
- D49-D49 Neoplasms of unspecified behavior