Melanoma and other malignant neoplasms of skin
Malignant melanoma of skin C43- >
Type 1 Excludes
Type 1 Excludes Help
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes. It means "not coded here". A type 1 excludes note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as C43. A type 1 excludes note is for used for when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Type 2 Excludes
Type 2 Excludes Help
A type 2 excludes note represents "not included here". A type 2 excludes note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition it is excluded from but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When a type 2 excludes note appears under a code it is acceptable to use both the code (C43) and the excluded code together.
- malignant melanoma of skin of genital organs (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C51
Malignant neoplasm of vulva
2016 2017 2018 Non-Billable/Non-Specific Code
Type 1 Excludes
- carcinoma in situ of vulva (D07.1)
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C52
Malignant neoplasm of vagina
2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code Female Dx
Type 1 Excludes
- carcinoma in situ of vagina (D07.2)
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C60
- C60 Malignant neoplasm of penis
- C60.0 Malignant neoplasm of prepuce
- C60.1 Malignant neoplasm of glans penis
- C60.2 Malignant neoplasm of body of penis
- C60.8 Malignant neoplasm of overlapping sites of pe...
- C60.9 Malignant neoplasm of penis, unspecified
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C63
- C63 Malignant neoplasm of other and unspecified m...
- C63.0 Malignant neoplasm of epididymis
- C63.00 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified epididymis
- C63.01 Malignant neoplasm of right epididymis
- C63.02 Malignant neoplasm of left epididymis
- C63.1 Malignant neoplasm of spermatic cord
- C63.10 Malignant neoplasm of unspecified spermatic c...
- C63.11 Malignant neoplasm of right spermatic cord
- C63.12 Malignant neoplasm of left spermatic cord
- C63.2 Malignant neoplasm of scrotum
- C63.7 Malignant neoplasm of other specified male ge...
- C63.8 Malignant neoplasm of overlapping sites of ma...
- C63.9 Malignant neoplasm of male genital organ, uns...
- Merkel cell carcinoma (
ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code C4A
- C4A Merkel cell carcinoma
- C4A.0 Merkel cell carcinoma of lip
- C4A.1 Merkel cell carcinoma of eyelid, including ca...
- C4A.10 Merkel cell carcinoma of unspecified eyelid, ...
- C4A.11 Merkel cell carcinoma of right eyelid, includ...
- C4A.12 Merkel cell carcinoma of left eyelid, includi...
- C4A.2 Merkel cell carcinoma of ear and external aur...
- C4A.20 Merkel cell carcinoma of unspecified ear and ...
- C4A.21 Merkel cell carcinoma of right ear and extern...
- C4A.22 Merkel cell carcinoma of left ear and externa...
- C4A.3 Merkel cell carcinoma of other and unspecifie...
- C4A.30 Merkel cell carcinoma of unspecified part of ...
- C4A.31 Merkel cell carcinoma of nose
- C4A.39 Merkel cell carcinoma of other parts of face
- C4A.4 Merkel cell carcinoma of scalp and neck
- C4A.5 Merkel cell carcinoma of trunk
- C4A.51 Merkel cell carcinoma of anal skin
- C4A.52 Merkel cell carcinoma of skin of breast
- C4A.59 Merkel cell carcinoma of other part of trunk
- C4A.6 Merkel cell carcinoma of upper limb, includin...
- C4A.60 Merkel cell carcinoma of unspecified upper li...
- C4A.61 Merkel cell carcinoma of right upper limb, in...
- C4A.62 Merkel cell carcinoma of left upper limb, inc...
- C4A.7 Merkel cell carcinoma of lower limb, includin...
- C4A.70 Merkel cell carcinoma of unspecified lower li...
- C4A.71 Merkel cell carcinoma of right lower limb, in...
- C4A.72 Merkel cell carcinoma of left lower limb, inc...
- C4A.8 Merkel cell carcinoma of overlapping sites
- C4A.9 Merkel cell carcinoma, unspecified
- sites other than skin-code to malignant neoplasm of the site
- A primary melanoma arising from atypical melanocytes in the skin. Precursor lesions include acquired and congenital melanocytic nevi, and dysplastic nevi. Several histologic variants have been recognized, including superficial spreading melanoma, acral lentiginous melanoma, nodular melanoma, and lentigo maligna melanoma.
- C43 Malignant melanoma of skin
- C43.0 Malignant melanoma of lip
- C43.1 Malignant melanoma of eyelid, including canthus
- C43.10 Malignant melanoma of unspecified eyelid, including canthus
- C43.11 Malignant melanoma of right eyelid, including canthus
- C43.12 Malignant melanoma of left eyelid, including canthus
- C43.2 Malignant melanoma of ear and external auricular canal
- C43.20 Malignant melanoma of unspecified ear and external auricular canal
- C43.21 Malignant melanoma of right ear and external auricular canal
- C43.22 Malignant melanoma of left ear and external auricular canal
- C43.3 Malignant melanoma of other and unspecified parts of face
- C43.30 Malignant melanoma of unspecified part of face
- C43.31 Malignant melanoma of nose
- C43.39 Malignant melanoma of other parts of face
- C43.4 Malignant melanoma of scalp and neck
- C43.5 Malignant melanoma of trunk
- C43.51 Malignant melanoma of anal skin
- C43.52 Malignant melanoma of skin of breast
- C43.59 Malignant melanoma of other part of trunk
- C43.6 Malignant melanoma of upper limb, including shoulder
- C43.60 Malignant melanoma of unspecified upper limb, including shoulder
- C43.61 Malignant melanoma of right upper limb, including shoulder
- C43.62 Malignant melanoma of left upper limb, including shoulder
- C43.7 Malignant melanoma of lower limb, including hip
- C43.70 Malignant melanoma of unspecified lower limb, including hip
- C43.71 Malignant melanoma of right lower limb, including hip
- C43.72 Malignant melanoma of left lower limb, including hip
- C43.8 Malignant melanoma of overlapping sites of skin
- C43.9 Malignant melanoma of skin, unspecified